Traincraft?

Home Forums General Traincraft?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bill Sellers
    Participant

So I’m totally digging the trains in Traincraft. Is this mod in the line for possible inclusion? Steampunky minds want to know! 😉

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/270332-forge-traincraft-formerly-trains-and-zeppelin-mod/

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Bill Sellers.
    CoderJ
    Keymaster

I think we ran Traincraft before… it doesn’t play well with some of our mods (I wish I could remember which ones off the top of my head). Additionally, I think it generates some ores (oil sand and such)… which would mean another mining world.

Let me stabilize 0.81 first and I’ll take a hard look at it.

Jehdai
    Participant

If I remember correctly, it doesn’t play well with mystcraft. I think it was the reason why mystcraft wasn’t in the mindcrack pack.

Trains would be cool with all of that track going everywhere.

Bill Sellers
    Participant

Hey Coder,

Any update on if Traincraft is a candidate for inclusion.

I would be happy to try it on my own system, and let you know if I run into anything. I’ve never added a mod by myself, so if you have any hints I’m all ears! 🙂

-Bill (Maybeso)

CoderJ
    Keymaster

To be honest, I’m not sure if it works with our current mods (Railcraft/Steve’s Carts/Mystcraft specifically… although it’s possible

To add a mod, simply install a new instance of the pack… browse to the instance folder, and drop the mod in the “mods” folder. You may hit into block ID issues. Thankfully, NEI catches these (usually) and will make a file (as well as tell you where it is) saying which blocks are conflicting and what IDs are available. Then it’s a matter of editing the offending config to fix it (it will give you two configs, only edit the most recently added one…)

There’s usually item conflicts/overwrites that do not get caught by NEI which require searching the ForgeMod log for.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.