MFFS Blueprints

Home Forums General MFFS Blueprints

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richard H
    Participant

Before the reset, is there any way we can save our structures with the mffs custom modules. As far as I can tell, you can save the structure with the module, but then the module would go away with the reset. Tried digging around in files on the client, but I’m pretty sure the information is contained in the item. And the item is contained on the server. Not the end of the world if we can’t, just an idea for those of us working on cool projects. (Also, I believe Buildcraft use to do something like this, but it was disabled for being buggy).

CoderJ
    Keymaster

I can “save” items that are on players.

Warning: Technical
    Minecraft saves player information (health, position, inventory, etc) in a NBT data file that can be browsed and edited with various tools. Items with attached data (wrenched tanks/machines, entity jars, blueprints, etc) have it stored in this data file as well as long as it’s held in the player inventory (it’s also possible to pull it from the region file if I know about where the container is… but MCEdit is a pain for this kind of work). Once the item is located in the player’s inventory, it’s a simple matter of cut and paste to move it somewhere else.

I’ve done this before for “special occasion” bee species and other unobtainable items.

The only caveat I can offer (and this comes from not having time to play with MFFS blueprints) is block IDs will change in the next version as I’m adding a bit and taking a bit out. Not sure if this affects blueprints or not.

Richard H
    Participant

That is awesome! Figured it would have to be on my player inventory to be found easily. It is on my hotbar, slot 3. Most of the building is regular minecraft bricks and chisel blocks. The blueprints are pretty nifty in that a chest next to a projector can supply the blocks that the projector can place in the world. Therefore, even if a few block id’s change, then they won’t be placed in the world since I wouldn’t have put them in the chest.

And as I said before, it would be really awesome to carry this over the server reset, since it is my little pet project. That being said, it wouldn’t be the end of the world if it could not happen. If it is easy to do, many thanks! If it starts to be a headache, then don’t worry about it 🙂

Thanks in advance,
    Richard

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.