FrogTEK 2.0 will be released onto the Curse/Twitch client tonight. This version will bring our core Minecraft version to 12.2.2 and change up the mod list a little bit (not a huge amount). The list has gotten a little longer, however, since most mods are tweaks/fixes the pack should remain playable for all our users. The mod list is below the cut…
Hey everyone, sorry for the additional delay but here is the mod list for 1.4! I’ve put a quick blurb by some things where I felt needed and also listed mods that were dropped and why after.
Edited 8/17/2017 @ 11:07 AM – Added Big Reactors, Refined Storage is now a Maybe.
After 10 hours of working on the cause of the crash and fixing it, we’re back (total downtime was the better part of a day, sorry). Please please please please please be cautious when building out AE2 systems. Fixing crashes caused by AE2 is the equivalent of brain surgery with a steak knife. Yes, I can remove the tumor but that pesky pink squishy stuff is coming out too… and now you can only smell purple.
While I was working, we updated to 1.4.1 (beta). So there’s that.
I’ve pushed a beta update for Direwolf20 for 1.10 to the server (it adds a muffler for those Wither noises). I’ll post the full change log to this post later.
Good morning all.
We’ve updated the server to release version of the Direwolf20 for 1.10.2 pack (1.1.4); this is the version that should be recommend in both the FTB and Curse launchers at this time. We’re also going through the tweaker scripts at this time to fix some OP issues that have been noticed (please don’t go looking for them, we’re aware for the most part).
The change log for the pack is after the “More…” tag.
Good news, I did a thing!
FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock is now on the server but does not have “Expert mode” enabled yet. The pack is available via the FTB launcher and the Curse launcher.
Upon joining the server, you’ll see a stupid piece of computer with signs (because style). To start the game, simply type “/island join <your-name” as I’ve already created islands for just about everyone. If you have trouble joining try your name in all lowercase or bother me here/on Steam as I may have forgotten (eek).
More news is coming.
The server was taken down for about 15 minutes or so today to update to Simply Magic 1.15. The most significant thing players should find is that the /home command should now work as intended (brings the player to place home was set, not spawn).
Sorry about the absence everyone… real life strikes hard and appears to strike all the admin at the same time, unfortunately. Of course, then games about surviving dinosaur island, making soup, retro-futuristic post-apocalypse exploration (Hold up a sec, I just had one of my vault dwellers return from the wasteland. Neat, power armor!) and such come out and tie up the time we had left (and sometimes the time we didn’t have but used up anyway).
All that said, the server has actually been stable with no outside interference (funny how we stabilize it near the end of the life cycle). Since the server is stable it’s time to change it up again! 1.8 still seems like a pipe dream so we’re going to go retro ourselves. Not spoiling anything, but a lot of you will remember what the pack was before we started rejiggering the whatchacallit ourselves. It’s coming back, with all the wackiness and exploits more or less intact (can’t get rid of what wasn’t updated 😉).
We’re looking at launching either this weekend or next and as always we’ll have a backup of the world/server on hand (not that anyone ever asks for it, which is good because the whole ball of wax now weighs in at about 2GB compressed).
Sorry for the brief downtime everyone; FrogTEK 5.9 is now out on AT Launcher as well as live on our server.
There were a lot of updates to mods this time around, so we’ll try to hit the highlights:
- Botania – Hydroganeas now produce diminishing returns when another hydroganea is near it (4 cardinal directions plus diagonals; doesn’t check above/below); this is similar to daybloom and nightlilies. All other flowers still don’t care if they’re packed together.
- Botania – Petit flowers (smaller versions of functional flowers, less effective area/less mana used), vuvuzelas, and Blaze Light added.
- Botania – Pure Daisy can now make obsidian, packed ice, cobble, and sand.
- EnderZoo – No more dire wolves in lit areas.
- Extra Utilities – Inverted Ethereal/Effible/Dark Ethereal Glass (allows everything but players through), spikes are enchantable, and Extra Utilities blocks/items now have Thaumcraft aspects.
- Thermal Expansion – New light types; they are crafted using the illuminator blocks.
- Blood Magic – Project: Omega is now implemented…. also, books removed (should defeat lag), Dawn Ritual Stone added, and Well of Suffering now has reagent effects.
- Witchery – Magic Mirror on the wall…
- Also updated AE2, MineFactory Reloaded, Thermal Foundation, etc however they either don’t document changes or changes are mostly bug fixes that no one noticed.