Imma leave this right here…. link to a spreadsheet.
Feel free to speculate/ask for additions (be prepared to state your case… trying to keep mod count sane ;).
EDIT – So I did an impromptu 1-hour stream to show off some of the new features and do some Q&A. Bullet points in case you can’t follow my nasal rambling (because I don’t plan on editing this video):
- We are switching to ATLauncher; I highly recommend you check it out (supports all versions of MC including Vanilla, I especially recommend the Resonant Rise mod pack). It’s pretty slick.
- I will post how this affects you (regarding download and setup… walkthrough and such will be available), however, this change gives us a lot more freedom to work with in regards to updating the mod pack and what mods we use (no more emergency website downloads to fix bugs between releases).
- Wiki links in the mod list incoming!
- Powercrystals’ mods are gone, so is AdvancedSolars/IronChests/EnderStorage/GraviSuite/MPS Addons/Ars Magica (until 2 comes out)/Misc Peripherals/Thermal Expansion (awaiting update via KingLemming).
- Project: REd is in. So is Universal Electrcity, Basic Components, EnderIO, Metallurgy, Mekanism, Engineer’s Toolbox, and some others.
- I lose track of what I’m talking about frequently without Mel here or anyone keeping me on topic. Also, I do not like the sound of my own voice on the playback.
- I am losing weight (so… not FrogTEK related but a good reason why I’m not here as often).
- Only 5,000 chunks can be loaded on the entire server before things get squirrely. Note that this number is actually smaller because it assumed each ticket (how Forge tracks what is allowed to load how many chunks) may not be at the full limit. So it’s possible if there are a lot of small tickets out there for the number to be easily half to a quarter as large. This means additional chunk loaders may not always load their area (possible work around coming, I found some Forge API hooks I can easily grab to tell a player when this happens).
- I suck at starting out without admin cheat power. So I cheat. Deal with it 😛
- We have been approved for ATLauncher. I will be asking for SSP/SMP testers soon.
- XP loss on death is back.
- Initial world border will be about half of what we have now; this is so when we add Ars Magica 2 we can spawn some of it’s stuff in the Overworld (no more lame Archmage’s Challenge Tower, sorry).
- We will be looking for spawn builders a few days before relaunch. You will have creative, but the world will be limited to pretty much Spawn.